2. Gradual skin penetration. Lactobionic acid has considerable molecular mass and consists of relatively big molecules. As a result, it penetrates skin gradually, layer by layer, which is less damaging than peels performed with glycolic or lactic acids. Thanks to gradual penetration, lactobionic acid does not cause severe burning sensation during the treatment or complications after the peel.
3. High biocompatibility with human skin. Skin easily adjusts to the lactobionic acid; when all stages of the chemical peel are performed properly, no severe flaking, itching, or hyperemia occur.
4. Anti-photoaging activity. Lactobionic acid inhibits matrix metalloproteinases, which are the main cause of skin aging. They destroy the major components of the extracellular matrix of the skin, collagen in particular, causing elasticity loss, deep wrinkles and a sagging face. Metalloproteinases are responsible for skin aging process and the development of telangiectasias – oblong red areas on the face. Their activity is stimulated by long-term exposure to sunlight and leads to rapid photo ageing.
5. Antioxidant properties. Lactobionic acid can function as a link between iron ions, providing strong antioxidant effect. It removes free radical intermediates and protects skin from dangerous UV radiation.
6. Deep moisturizing. Lactobionic acid helps to moisturize skin. It is capable of adsorbing water and trapping it inside the skin even when the skin is exposed to adverse weather conditions, i.e. increasingly dry air, for a long period of time. Lactobionic acid creates a water film on the surface of skin, which helps to tackle signs of skin dryness, itching, and tightness for a long time.
7. Peeling action. Lactobionic acid activates renewal of cell structures, allows for deep cleansing and gentle removal of dead cells, and particles of dust and dirt that cause clogged pores.
8. Capable of being used at any time of the year. Both mandelic and lactobionic acids effectively protect skin from UV radiation. Thanks to this fact, peel treatments can be performed in any season, even in summer, without fear of developing unexpected side effects, like freckles or pigment spots.
9. Rejuvenation, improved skin firmness. The skin is rejuvenated thanks to the acid’s ability to increase collagen production and slow down photo-ageing.